Training your Kitten to Use the Litter Box
Training your kitten to use the litter box may take some patience. Following these tips can help your kitten learn faster and avoid unnecessary “accidents.”
- A full-size litter box may be too big for a young kitten to climb into. If so, try using a pie plate instead.
- Show your kitten “how-to” the first few times by gently placing her in the cat box and helping her dig. Clean the litter box often.
- Keep the litter box in the same place.
- Do not allow your kitten to play or sleep in the litter box. Consider a non-clumping litter if your kitten continues to play in the box.
- It will be important to watch your kitten for any training problems. For persistent difficulties, consult your veterinarian.
Have questions about Ever Clean® litter?
You have questions. And we’ve got the answers—in our FAQs.